For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, WR Events limited will be the data controller in respect of data collected via this website.
WR Events Limited is fully committed to full compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. We will therefore follow procedures which aim to ensure that all employees who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of the company are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the General Data Protection Regulation
This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company's data protection standards — and to comply with the law.
What data we will collect
WR Events Limited does not receive or store any financial transaction data at all. All online entries are via third party portals and the data we receive from those portals does not include any transaction data whatsoever.
Any data supplied to us via a contact form on our website is deleted after the enquiry has been settled - and we do not store the data other than in the password protected email Inbox. We do not harvest such data for any form of marketing.
In entering a race, we will collect certain information about you which may include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, details of your running or athletic club membership and telephone numbers. This data - which we call athletes data - is required for the purposes of race administration and race timing.
Why we collect data
We will collect data to:
- respond to a request for further information about a, ChipTimingUK event or service - but then delete the enquiry from our systems
- notify you of event, activities, publication and services that may be of interest to you should you consent to receiving these from us
- comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
- in the case of medical information, to be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you if and when required when competing in one of our or our customers events
We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of administering your involvement in a running race and we will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a participant in a race and to administer the race organisation, including the race results, which may be submitted to governing bodies and ranking websites for statistical reasons. Any data forwarded to such third parties will only include any or all of the following: Name; Date of Birth; any club affiliation; your performance result in any event.
We would like to contact you in the future for marketing purposes by e-mail. If you want to be contacted we provide you with the facility to use an opt in box to tell us on the entry registration form. An additional opt out opportunity will also be offered whenever an email is sent to you with legitimate event information.
If you have requested to take part in an event we may send you race information, race numbers and timing chips etc by post. These race information packs may contain advertising for additional events. ChipTimingUK does not send direct marketing materials by post other than as part of a race information pack.
If you have entered an event where ChipTimingUK has been appointed to manage or time the event, that data may be shared with the event organiser - again for legitimate race organisation purposes. Data may be transferred from ChipTimingUK to such third parties - and when we do so, the data will, again, be password protected.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data contained in the race entry list and results for the purposes of maintaining a historical record of the event. You have the right to request your details be deleted from those records not withstanding that the data may be required for the legitimate purposes in managing our business - and to retain records for legitimate accounting purposes. Data is normally held for a period of three years in a password protected environment. After three years, the data is archived - once again, in a password protected environment.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- can seek redress for a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
We may share your Athletics Data for the purposes of your involvement in the sport with governing bodies such as the Home Country Athletics Organisations (England Athletics, UK Athletics, runbritain etc) and for statistical and ranking purposes with Power of 10 and runbritain and other third- party data managers as part of administering your involvement in sport. We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
We do not share any of your personal or Athletics Data with third party organisations for marketing purposes.
Non electronic data
Data collected by non electronic means may be added to electronic databases and, in which case this data becomes subject to our Data Protection Policy outlined above. Information collected in paper format will be kept in that format for the purposes of managing the event only and for a maximum of 1 month thereafter will then be destroyed by shredding.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how WR Events Limited collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact the company in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by WR Events Limited you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).
WR Events Limited commitment to Privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- Protecting your information
- Finding out what information WR Events Limited holds about you
WR Events Limited is the owner of this website and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation). The website is maintained by WR Events Limited. For the purposes of data protection legislation, WR Events Limited is the data controller. This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our online enquiry form:
Your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone numbers, the athletic events or services you are interested in, disability information and the names of running or athletics clubs with which you are a member (Athletics Data).
How we use your information
- We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
WR Events Limited will:
- Strive to collect and process only the data or information which is needed
- Use personal data for such purposes as are described at the point of collection, or for purposes which are legally permitted
- Strive to ensure information is accurate
- Not keep information for longer than is necessary
- Securely destroy data which is no longer needed
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard information (including unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or damage of data)
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the General Data Protection Regulation
These rights include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to personal information
- The right to request rectification
- The right to request erasure
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
Protecting your information
The data that we collect from you is stored electronically and access to that data is password protected and limited to a small number of designated administrators.
Finding out what information WR Events Limited holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact the company's Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
WR Events Limited
22 The Green, North Lopham, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 2NF